Hi lovelies, so today i’m sharing with you my recipe for this delicious carrot soup that is just perfect for the cold winter weather and the festive season. Now, let me tell you; this is not an ordinary carrot soup! I mean… I can’t even begin to explain… So I won’t. Haha! I’m just going to leave you with the recipe, try it and let me know what you think.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1kg carrots (chopped in halves)
- 2 white potatoes (chopped in halves)
- 1 sweet potato (Chopped in halves)
- 1 leafstalk of celery
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 large onion
- 1L vegetable stock
- 500ml hot water
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
For the White Sauce:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, then mix in the flour.
- Stir and cooking until the mixture is bubbly, then remove from heat.
- Stir in the milk, then put the saucepan over medium heat, continue stirring and boil for 2 minutes.
For the soup:
- Add olive oil, onion and celery to a deep sauce pan and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- pour in the stock with the potatoes and thyme, then simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add the carrots, then simmer for an extra 20 minutes or until both potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Sieve half of the liquid into second saucepan, refill the first saucepan with the water.
- Remove both saucepans from heat.
- Using a hand blender, puree the mixture in the first saucepan until smooth.
- Mix 1/4 of the white sauce into the first saucepan and mix the remaining into the second saucepan.
- Season both mixtures with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
- The first mixture should be orange in color, whilst the second mixture will be white.
- To serve, pour the first mixture into a soup bowl/plate, then pour the second mixture in the middle.
- Best served with croutons and Parmesan cheese.
With love x