For a recent while I’ve wanted to make pancakes and today is the day I decided to whisk it up. Out of the gazillion types of fillings and toppings I opted for the ooey gooey stuff, caramel!
I’ve had a box of chewy caramel candy seating in my cupboard waiting to be used to its full potential, It’s been begging for my love and today I have all the love to give. So Instead of making the usual caramel sauce from scratch, I melted my caramel candy out of pure love to create a gooey caramel sauce.
Here’s the recipe
For the pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 200ml warm water
- 3 Tbsp. powdered milk
- 1 Tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
For the filling
- 6 caramel candy
- 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup almond flakes
- Whist all the ingredients for the pancake batter in a bowl.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and grease with butter.
- Pour some batter into the frying pan gently fry on either side for two minutes, so the middle is cooked.
- Place the cooked pancake on a plate and repeat with the remaining batter until you have a stack of about 6 to 8 pancakes.
- To make the caramel sauce, place a small pot half filled with water over medium heat until it’s just about to boil, then reduce the heat to make sure the water does not boil.
- Put the candies, butter and milk in a glass bowl and place it on top the pot making sure it doesn’t touch the water.
- Using a wooden spoon stir the mix the content of the bowl together until it is melted and well incorporated, then turn the heat off.
- Serve the pancakes with the caramel sauce and almond flakes.
Try it. Enjoy it! Xx